[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [44513] branches/tile/source/blender: TileBranch

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Wed Feb 29 16:49:14 CET 2012

Hi Dalai!

Currently we have 2 nodes that let you change the sampler type.
  * Rotate node
  * Transform node

In the tile branch the idea is to sample only at the input nodes, like
Image, MovieClip, RenderLayer etc.
Therefore if a node needs a different sampler this needs to be passed on
accordanly with the read call.

The Set sampler as a node is not that useful, but now it is possible to
use that node for the scale/translate nodes as they really lack an
option like this. But as an operation it is must to have it.

Basically, Blender has some legacy nodes and some nodes that have been
updated. Integration it in the input nodes can be done, but what about
the current legacy nodes that use it.

It is not possible to have multiple samplers, can't really see the how
and why.

Jeroen