[Bf-committers] 3D Cursor and Border Select

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:59:38 CET 2012

OK, this is turning into a flame war but I will add that even
shift-LClick can be bothersome, especially if you use Shift to emulate
middle click (I do that because it's straining for the hand to keep
the mouse wheel pressed for rotate/pan operations). I think double
click proposed earlier is less accident prone maybe, but no strong
opinion there.

This is indeed a problem for new users and I have validated it  on my
own blender classes too. Some people tell me that when they tried
blender and could do nothing more than move the cursor, they abandoned
it quickly...it's certainly a matter of concern. It's just a big
change and it's certain to cause various reactions (anyone remember
the cycles font argument?). I think though that there's some more
consensus on this.