[Bf-committers] 3D Cursor and Border Select

Gianmichele Mariani g.mariani at liquidnet.it
Mon Feb 27 08:57:00 CET 2012

I completely agree with Ton that changing default behaviour is not really
good. Blender has a certain philosophy behind its workflow, like it or hate
it. Better defaults are always welcome but not if they alienate people that
embrace that philosophy.

I think the initial solution (customizable keymaps) has already been given
to the artists. Real professionals (read already productive in other
applications) will go and change the keymap to their liking. Lazy people
not.

Including a proper working alternative keymaps (and yes, the current Maya
one is a joke!) is a must. I'll clean up the few oddities I have in my Maya
one (it's 99% fully compatible) and release it by the end of the week.

Peace!

.Gianmichele