[Bf-committers] Color Unpremultiply

gespertino at gmail.com gespertino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 00:39:25 CET 2012

> 2012/2/20 Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be>
>

>> Maybe the wording needs to be better and I'm happy to change it if you
>> come up with a better tooltip, but I disagree that enabling the option
>> delivers a "properly converted image". It doesn't, it just looks less
>> bad in some situations, it's only a heuristic. From my testing it
>> seems that sometimes enabling this option looks better, sometimes it
>> looks worse.

Reading back my previous comments I notice that I've been quite wordy and
maybe I didn't do a great job explaining my point.
I created some visual tests showing how blender deals (in my oppinion
incorrectly) with associated files from other applications and how
pre-divide creates proper sRGB associated files for compositing in
non-linear space.
I used GIMP for that, but this can be checked even using Blender's VSE.

*http://ubuntuone.com/0cimgbK4vkxtia3ovsQU1A

*(there's a readme file with details in the compressed archive)