[Bf-committers] Overlay for last poly selected

CG Cookie jonathan at cgcookie.com
Mon Feb 20 16:33:07 CET 2012

Hi Devs :)

With BMesh now merged in trunk and the focus moved to really improving the modeling tools I'd like to make a small visual request/proposal to go along with it.

Currently whenever you select a face in face mode, that last face you selected receives a white dotted/dashed overlay that remains until you select another face in Face mode. This overlay remains even if you deselect every or switch to vertex/edge select mode. The only way to get rid of it is to switch to face mode and select a different face, so in fact you can't get rid of it; you can only move it.

First, may I ask what the original idea for this feature was? I've always gotten the impression it was to indicate the last face selected but there's really no use for that and usually it's just really distracting.

I have two proposals.

1. Remove this overlay entirely. It is very distracting and does not seem to really serve a purpose
2. Make the overlay an option that you can turn on/off and make it themeable so you can adjust the alpha, color, etc.

Any thoughts?

--
Jonathan Williamson

Instructor - http://www.blendercookie.com (http://www.blendercookie.com/)