[Bf-committers] libredcode

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Feb 20 14:36:29 CET 2012

Hi,

This is basically unknown still. The preference is always to use open
source software, worst case we batch convert using a proprietary tool,
as integrating a proprietary library in Blender is not possible.

If anyone wants to work on figuring out how to get these imported with
open source tools, that could be a nice project for an interested
developer. There's libraries like libredcode, dcraw and libraw, but
it's unclear if they can already import this or what would need to be
done to make that work. As far as I know we don't have any Mango files
yet, but it seems like R3D files from this camera can be found online:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?42130-M-X-REEL-R3D-s
http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?60180-FTP-(7)-Free-EPIC-300fps-R3D-files-*Limited-Time

Brecht.