[Bf-committers] Raspberry Pi render farm

Markus Kasten markus at epkasten.de
Sun Feb 19 19:29:07 CET 2012

I think, something like HP's Project Redstone with their "EnergyCards" would be way more efficient if you want energy efficient rendering on ARM chips. Here's an article about them: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/01/hp_redstone_calxeda_servers/; there is also a nice article on heise for germans. Probably quite expensive, if you want to build your own renderfarm and due to their limited memory (4GB?) not too perfect for rendering complex scenes.

Greetings,
Markus K.

Von meinem iPad gesendet