[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes, 19 February 2012

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 19 17:45:08 CET 2012

Hi all,

Here's the summary of today's meeting!

1) Blender 2.62 release

- Windows binary: there's a build issue, the new OpenAL lib makes 3D sound fail.
  Remedy: rebuild the release with original OpenAL. It will be updated on the download page with a short note then. Nathan, are you available?

- Nicholas Bishop fixed a ReMesh Modifier crash on OS X PPC (endian issue)
  http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=30158&group_id=9

- Further all seems to be fine; if there's more showstoppers coming we can do an 'a' release, for now we can continue to 2.63 though.

2) Blender 2.63 plans

- BMesh can go in! Brecht gave it a blessing too.
  (While I'm writing this, Campbell already prepares the merge. Hold tight!)

- Lukas Toenne: has new File Node ready for review!
  http://codereview.appspot.com/5666047/

- Reminder: Lukas' Node Group project is ready too, he proposes it for 2.63 inclusion:
http://codereview.appspot.com/5593050/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_Kk5yOYvA

- Brecht and Campbell propose to make 2.63 a regular 2 month release cycle, they expect it will need this time for maturing and stabilizing. That means we can have a month for including other new features too!

- BCon proposal:

BCon1: 15 february
BCon2: 4 march (= release targets are frozen)
BCon3: 18 march (= all feature mergers were done)
BCon4: 1 april (only bug fixes from now)
BCon5: 8 april (ready for release)

- Other 2.62 targets can be added in next 2 weeks, could be masking or other mango stuff too.

- Brecht: work on Cycles during next months; mostly speedup, ramp shader and RGB curves nodes.

3_ Other projects

- Ton mentions he had a meeting with Jeroen Bakker, discussing new Compositor (2.64 target) and ideas for (green screen) keying editor in Blender.

Thanks,

-Ton-