[Bf-committers] About COLLADA im/export functionality situation

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Feb 7 18:34:09 CET 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Arystanbek Dyussenov
<arystan.d at gmail.com> wrote:
>> At the moment i only can verify that the exported rig and
>> the mesh weights are now recognized from the
>> Second Life Importer. But it would be of a much higher value
>> if there where some "Collada standard viewer" where we can
>> check the exports.
>>

> I think we could use FX-Composer. It is free and, as it seems to me, has a
> good level of COLLADA support.

I think we should not make the assumption that there is a standard
viewer that we can check everything against, in practice it just needs
to be tested against many applications like MeshLab, Sketchup, Max,
Maya, ... same as was done for FBX. Otherwise you just end up fixing
things for one application and breaking it for others again.

Brecht.