[Bf-committers] Actions need fake users, intended behavior?

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Tue Feb 7 11:49:26 CET 2012

Hello devs,
I'm working on some training material for rigging, and I've run across
a behavior I'm not sure is intended or not.

It seems that actions do not gain a user from being used in an action
constraint.  This means that even though the action is clearly being
used by something, it still needs a fake user, lest it be deleted upon
saving and reloading the file.

Is this intended, or just an oversight?  Should I teach to add fake
users to actions that will be used for action constraints, or is this
essentially a bug that the user needs to do this?

Thanks.

--Nathan