[Bf-committers] Blender developer irc meeting minutes, 5 February 2012

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 5 18:04:28 CET 2012

Hi all,

Here's a summary of today's meeting:

1) Blender 2.62 progress

- Link to current planning in wiki:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Blender bug tracker was brought down last week from 200 to 119 open issues!
  Kudos to Brecht/Campbell/Sergey who combined forces last week.

- We now move to BCon4 (Only crucial bug fixes), will do a call for an release candidate build tomorrow.

- Domino Marama and Juha Maki-Kanto have been working on fixing up Collada, last patch for this goes to svn within a day. It should now work fine for Second Life export again.

- Jens Verwiebe noticed a "Boost" library conflict in Blender, between Cycles - LuxRender add-on. He's working with Brecht on solving this now.

- Release log is in progress, please check if your work is there:
 http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.62
 (And we can use pictures too!)

- We decide whether to release (or not) on next sunday's meeting.

2) Other projects

- Masks in blender: Sergey has updated document with data design:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/MaskEditor#Code:_Data_Structures

- BMesh: is near final now! Campbell committed last big hurdle, for particle/hair support.

- Proposal: the next 2.63 release gets an exclusive BMesh-focus, other work should be done respecting it, or wait for 2.64 (especially bigger features that need testing time).
Once BMesh is in trunk, we could move to BCon3 immediate (testing/fixing period, no new features added) and release 2.63 in less than two months.

- Next sunday and the sunday after we decide on a final 2.63 release plan.

- Google Summer of Code is starting up again. Ton will keep track of the process, but a coordinator volunteer is welcome again.

-Ton-