[Bf-committers] Simplified Header Stats (with icons)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 23 11:35:04 CET 2012

Hi,

Even though it looks very nice at first sight, I think we should try to keep the visual language of a UI consistent. Icons are UI elements, widgets meant to provide user interaction with data or tools.

Icons are also little eyecatchers, and should best be silent and consistent (and not distract by changing position or shapes all the time). For that reason the current text string is nice noise-free.

I can see the issue of improving the way we provide statistics. We also need better ways to communicate all kinds of states in Blender (which is abusively printed over the 3d window even in cases).

In some other programs, I've seen small statistic panels, that provide a useful input for statistic options as well. Might be a better solution to explore this.

Thanks,

-Ton-