[Bf-committers] MSVC2010 maintainer? Python 3.3 libs missing, or only me?

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Sun Dec 23 03:40:09 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried in a different machine (windows 7 x64 running a 32 bits MSVC
> 9.0) and things are even worse there. Lots of errors.
>
> Bottomline for me: I don't think I can spend much more time testing
> this. So although I appreciate the efforts into streamlining the
> libraries build, it would be great if someone could tackle the most
> immediate problem: to provide the missing libraries to build blender
> (in vc9/vc10 32/64) at least.

When I tried to download/unzip your compile logs the file was invalid/truncated:

	http://www.dalaifelinto.com/ftp/tmp/win_blenderlibs_log.zip

So I couldn't look at those errors for comparison.

After using procmon to figure out it was Window's file indexing
service that was distrupting my compiles and then making changes to
stop that made my compiles much smoother. You'd think that a company
that creates a background indexing system that is bundled with their
*own* OS would be able to make it non-intrusive [like a flag on open()
that allows it to trumped by all others in I/O].. but I guess that's
Micro$oft quality for you.

SOOOO a note to anyone doing these builds under C:\Users\... are
likely to have the same random problems unless disk indexing has been
disabled (at least for your build directory tree).

Using these [updated] builders:

http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/lib-builder.zip  (148M)
http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/lib-builder-nosrc.zip  (4.3M)

I did VS9/x32, VS10/x32, and VS10/x64 builds for all the libraries and
uploaded them for anyone that wants to try them out. Also included are
the build logs (including those that didn't work) for reference:

http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/install-vs9.0-x32.zip  (131M)
http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/install-vs10.0-x32.zip  (129M)
http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/install-vs10.0-x64.zip  (141M)

Here is the list of libs that worked for each:

install-vs9.0-x32:
	boost
	freetype
	ilmbase
	jack  **
	jpeg
	lcms
	llvm
	openal
	openexr
	png
	python
	samplerate
	sdl
	sndfile  **
	tiff
	zlib
	zlibwapi

install-vs10.0-x32:
	boost
	freetype
	jack  **
	jpeg
	lcms
	llvm
	openal
	png
	python
	samplerate
	sdl
	sndfile  **
	tiff
	zlib
	zlibwapi

install-vs10.0-x64:
	boost
	jack  **
	jpeg
	llvm
	openal
	png
	sndfile  **
	tiff
	zlib
	zlibwapi

** jack and sndfile are just from pre-compiled distros as there is no
bundled support for MSVC (or there's claims that MSVC won't compile it
do to C99 requirements).

-Chad