[Bf-committers] Color pipeline todo: alpha

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:01:10 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Brecht Van Lommel
<brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:
> I like the names associated and unassociated because they don't
> describe how you arrived at the color, just the way it is stored.

Agree 110%. It also eliminates the rather erroneous assumption that
unassociated and associated alpha are purely as simple as a divide or
multiply away. A do-undo sequence on an associated alpha scene
referred image with >1.0 values would likely destroy the data without
some workarounds.

That still leaves our "Color Unpremultiply" order of events term a
little... awkward.

Needless to say, perhaps you or Sergey could agree upon and set the
baseline and then we can work to get the terms consistent throughout
the UI.

With respect,
TJS