[Bf-committers] Color pipeline todo: alpha

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Dec 20 19:36:02 CET 2012

Hi,

I updated an old wiki page that I wrote before the new color
management system was added, removing stuff that was already
implemented. It shows some issues that will need to be resolved.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/Image/Color

Premul for float and key for byte images could work. It would be a bit
strange for painting, rendering, sequencer, where you'll get different
behaviour depending on float/byte, though only in the cases where the
image has areas with zero alpha. For the implementation it's a clear
rule though.

Brecht.