[Bf-committers] Text Editor - Scintilla Integration

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Wed Dec 19 17:44:22 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 03:17:06AM +1100, Campbell Barton wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would suggest to check on basic syntax hightlighting to please OSL editing.
> > Adding Scintalla sounds like overkill.
> >
> > -Ton-
>
> Why overkill? - the library is quite small and seems like a good fit
> for blender.

A long, long time ago, the then-current maintainer of the text editor
and I discussed replacing our editor code with an embeddable editor.
The basic idea was we got all sorts of text edit goodness and did not
have to write/maintain it ourselves.

Still seems like a good idea.  Scintilla was one of the candidates.

S.
Stephen Swaney		sswaney at centurytel.net