[Bf-committers] Syntax Highlighting for OSL - Question

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Wed Dec 19 00:31:00 CET 2012

I thought about that, but it seemed weird and cumbersome having to always end your file names in .py or .osl before (correct) highlighting can occur. (Maybe it's just me being lazy but I never end in either extension when working in Blender.) Maybe we could have a combination of the two (keep the option, but be smart about it)?

For example:
- New file  -  syntax = Python
- Switch to "my_shader.osl"  -  syntax = OSL
- New file  -  syntax = OSL (persistent from previous file)

-Patrick