[Bf-committers] MSVC2010 maintainer? Python 3.3 libs missing, or only me?

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Wed Dec 19 00:00:59 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chad,
> Thanks for waving in.
>
> I get the following error after commenting the proper lines for x64/vc2010
> and installing Python 2.7:
> http://www.pasteall.org/38156

Yeah, unless you're compiling for 2008 there's only a 50/50 chance it
will work at the moment.. and if doing x64, even less.

It seems that freetype doesn't come with an x64 platform config for
visual studio. This is one of those "I've gotta eventually hack the
configuration" things (and at this point I have no idea how to add x64
to one).

Anyway, on a side note there was a couple makefile fixes, one for the
2010 freetype project (that uses that standard Debug/Release names,
unlike the 2008 one which used LIB Debug/LIB Release. Also I fixed the
install for python x64 (since the project builds into an amd64 subdir
for some reason).

Anyway, this file should replace the one under build/Makefile.nmake:

http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/Makefile.nmake

Also, since I still don't have a working 2010 x64 environment (stupid
M$ - I guess they didn't want people to easily make modern software
for their OS), I have to use 2012 x64. But between 2010 x32 and 2012
x32/x64, hopefully it will be enough for me to make a usable builder
script even for 2010 x64.

-Chad