[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - 16 December 2012
ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 16 17:07:31 CET 2012
Here is a summary of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.65 release review
Most people agree that the release was quite stable, yet a couple of regressions make it better to upgrade to an 'a' release this week. Most notable:
- Obj imports with alpha zero
- Vertex Paint 'subtract' fails
- Bevel on wire edges crashed
Campbell will send a list of commits to be included in the 2.65 branch to this list, for confirmation.
Planning: wednesday "Ahoy", release on the day after.
2) Planning for 2.66
- Nicholas Bishop has Dynamic Topology sculpting read for review, can get included in 2.66.
- Antonis Ryakiotakis: has been working on bringing back edge based UV stitch and possibly isomap unwrapping from the Google Summer of Code 'bratwurst' branch. Code can be found here https://github.com/Psy-Fi/psy-fi_blender
- Brecht van Lommel's roadmap for Cycles:
He will possibly merge the work on hair rendering... it's under review still.
- Freestyle is under review still - Bastien Montagne has been working there.
- Sergej Reich will work on getting his Bullet branch (rigid body support for animation) ready
He would still need more feedback from users, and people to help making docs, tutorials.
- Planning for 2.66:
BCon 2 dec 30 (deadline for defining release targets)
BCon 3 jan 20 (latest date to get your stuff in)
BCon 4 feb 3 (only crucial fixes)
Release feb 10+
3) other projects
- Depsgraph recode, Brecht wrote up a proposal for how to structure it:
- Martin Felke sumitted a voronoi fracture modifier:
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org www.blender.org
Blender Institute Entrepotdok 57A 1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers