[Bf-committers] handling large lists in Blender (vertex groups, shape keys, materials)

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 7 14:35:58 CET 2012

You guys could follow sunday meeting notes…

On 02/12/2012 16:40, Sergey Sharybin wrote:
> […]
> 2) Other projects
>
> - Bastien was working on list_template improvements to make it's possible
> to have several lists per panel. Review is needed:
> https://codereview.appspot.com/6854125/
>
> That's it for now, thanks everyone!

This code does not tackle the topics discussed here (resize and
filtering), but at least it make them much easier to implement (adding a
filter callback wouldn't be hard, just a matter of adding a string
property to uiList), and it already gets rid of the two top limitations
of lists currently imho (one list per panel, no list without panel, and
no real drawing freedom for lists that are not hardcoded in C)…

I’d rather have that one go in trunk as is (if it is judged OK enough
for it! :p ), and then extend from it. ;)

Regards,
Bastien