[Bf-committers] Development Environments

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Fri Dec 7 11:13:15 CET 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> FreeBSD devs will have to build and install python3.3,
> Since Blender sometimes uses newer versions of Python then Linux
> disto's provide, we have a section at the top of the linux build
> instructions [1] (Linking to troubleshooting page [2]).
>
> So the FreeBSD instructions could do something similar.

Seems that the python 3.3 ports might be added to FreeBSD around the
end of December. Since I initially didn't know how long it would be, I
submitted my own port and as a result found out someone else was
already working on it. Since the change also updates a base ports file
they have to wait till after the upcoming OS release, around Dec 20th
(I assume due to a code freeze). So let's hope the schedule doesn't
slip too much for them. ;)

-Chad