[Bf-committers] Writing a Compositor node plugin?

Kursad Karatas gonderici at plecxus.com
Mon Dec 3 22:55:21 CET 2012

Hi

I am trying to create a Compositor node. It seems like there is the new
Compositor engine requires a bit of different wiring. So I looked around
and used the GammaNode as an example. I believe I covered as much ground
as possible however I am getting an error

"
Linking CXX executable ..\..\bin\blender.exe
Creating library file: ..\..\bin\libblender.dll.a
..\..\lib\libbf_compositor.a(COM_Converter.cpp.obj):COM_Converter.cpp:(.text+0x1fd):
undefined reference to `LinearNode::LinearNode(bNode*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"

I am wondering about the prerequisites for successful creation of a
compositor node. Here are the files that I have created and edited

BKE_node.h
     #define CMP_NODE_LINEAR        274

COM_Converter.cpp
      case CMP_NODE_LINEAR:
          node = new LinearNode(b_node);
       break;

Nodes (based on GammaNode)
     COM_LinearNode.cpp
     COM_LinearNode.h

Operations (based on GammaOperation)
     COM_LinearOperation.cpp
     COM_LinearOperation.h

If that is all to it then it must be something my new files. However at
this point I am not sure where the issue could be.

thanks