[Bf-committers] Can BGE be relicensed?

Sinan Hassani [email redacted]
Sun Dec 2 23:16:14 CET 2012

One more thing to clarify and I will stop.

When I say BGE, BGE(Blender), what I really mean is BlenderPlayer.

So what we need here is:

When Blender is compiled in the form of the BlenderPlayer (BlenderPlayer
binary) the code can be licensed under MIT.

When BGE is used within Blender (within the Editor, etc) then BGE code
is licensed under GPL.

With no exceptions. So only under the case when Blender is compiled in
the form of the BlenderPlayer can it be licensed something other than
the GPL.

So if the BF can make this happen, this is my suggestion on how it
should be done. It can be done as suggested previously, or it can be
done with another fund drive, or whatever way. Assuming if relicensing
is possible.

Sinan