[Bf-committers] Can BGE be relicensed?

Sinan Hassani [email redacted]
Sat Dec 1 21:48:37 CET 2012

Correct, the DRM they are talking about in that article is the 5 device
limit that Apple has when you purchase content from the App Store.

The LGPL deals with that issue, as I quoted in the original post:

According to the LGPL terms, developers “are not responsible for
enforcing compliance by third parties with this License.” With the
project now licensed as LGPL software, there’s no longer an issue with
Apple’s App Store policy that limits installation to five devices.

Link:
http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/vlc-re-licensed-as-lgpl-ready-to-head-back-to-the-app-store-20121115/

Android app stores have DRM, just like the article you linked to points out.

Sinan