[Bf-committers] [Soc-2012-dev] loss of data after fbx-import and reopening of saved file

Benjamin Dahl - post@bennyd.de post at bennyd.de
Fri Aug 31 22:44:02 CEST 2012

Strange. I tried to test a workflow like the following and blender
imported the fbx perfectly and saved the file with all data which I can
reopen now. But! It only worked in the first run. When I try it now
exactly the same way again blender loses all the data when reopening the
file.

The workflow:
Exported a C4D file from archicad, opened that file in Cinema4D,
exported from there to fbx and imported that file into blender. Import
works nice.
1st run: could save the file and reopen
2nd+x run: loss of all data when reopening.

Relevant files here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1944337/Betatest/TestArchicadC4DBlender.zip

cheers
Benny

BTW: assimp does not load the ifc file, I exported from archicad. I get
errors. Another ifc-plugin from http://ifcopenshell.org/ifcblender.html
will import the file but hierarchy is missing so it's useless. Would be
nice if assimp would load the ifc as well as preserve hierarchy and
translate materials.

Dipl.-Des. Benjamin Dahl
Finowstraße 9
10247 Berlin