[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes, 12 August 2012
blender at dingto.org
Sun Aug 12 17:05:36 CEST 2012
Here's the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.64 progress
- 293 open reports in the bug tracker, bug fixing continues.
- Testbuild 2 is on the download server (http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.64/), release logs in progress: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.64
-Sergey updated the list with fixed bugs since 2.63a:
- OpenColorIO and Cycles changes from Tomato branch will be merged to trunk before 2.64 as well. Some fixes need to be done first.
2) Current projects
- Ton will write a report about Blender at Siggraph.
- Campbell Barton mentions: Data files had to be manually converted into C files (using datatoc.py). Now this is done automatically at build time so you can modify files in "release/datafiles/" (splash, fonts, icons etc.) and simply rebuild.
- Sergey Sharybin worked on Sequencer improvements last week:
-- Improved caching so now tweaking settings of a single strip wouldn't free the whole cache
-- Made effects and color balance multithreaded
-- Added masking for adjustment effect, docs on this will follow.
-- Split view support
3) Google summer of code
- Pencil down is next week (20. August), 24. August is final evaluation. So time to wrap up, polish and document the work you have done.
- The end of GSoC does not mean the work can go into Blender trunk right away. The code should be reviewed by the mentor and the core devs first. Ask your mentor if you have questions related to that.
- Sergej Reich published another progress video on Bullet integration. https://vimeo.com/47164154
- Jorge Rodriguez provided docs and a video: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Vino/GSoC_2012_Documentation / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTxd_gZI4QY
Blender Developer, Artist and Musician
More information about the Bf-committers