[Bf-committers] Python 3.3?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 17:10:06 CEST 2012

FindPythonLibsUnix.cmake uses PYTHON_VERSION, this can be set to 3.3
and it will find python 3.3

I've been using python3.3 since early alphas with blender and it works
well _except_ for a bug with imp.reload(),

Pressing F8 shows the problem.

Since Py3.3 didnt release yet, I didnt spend a lot of time trying to
fix it, but I think to properly resolve the problem we should switch
to using import hooks which is a bigger project and not some simple
fix.

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Need some help here...
>
> As of Fedora 18, we're shipping Python 3.3 and the current version of
> blender is 2.63a. During configuration it's not finding Python using
> the bundled FindPythonLibsUnix.cmake module. It seems to check for
> Python 3.2 but instead of saying it's not the right version it's not
> finding it at all.
>
> Is Python 3.2 still required or can blender use Python 3.3?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

- Campbell