[Bf-committers] could this be useful for blender ? opensubdiv

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:45:55 CEST 2012

I'm not sure I trust the FSF on this; it has a history of exaggerating the
restrictiveness of the GPL.  If we want this library, we should consult a
lawyer to be sure.

This site from 2008, http://www.opensourcelegal.org/?page_id=532 ,
apparently thinks MS-pl is compatible with GPL v3, which I believe would
cover our code (since we have the "or any later versions" GPL clause).
However, that was written in 2008, and the link to the FSF's website is
dead; not what I would call a reliable source.

Joe