[Bf-committers] Remove Frameserver

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:05:04 CEST 2012

I would say if frameserver (in his current state) is still helpful for some
usages, let's
keep it as is for at least a while. If it's buggy / unstable/ unusable i
would rather either
completely remove it or at least IFDEF it.

Even if some tool could be useful for somebody, we should either deliver it
in a useful
way or not try to deliver it at all. In other words it's about quality of
tools, not quantity
of them. Do not forget that blender is mainly 3d modeling/rendering
application, not
a video editor, so lack of some specific for video editor tools doesn't
seem to be
problem here for me.

Another question is -- if frameserver would be decided to be kept, who's
gonna to
maintain it? Think neither me nor Campbell or Brecht would have time to
work on
frameserver, but as Thomas mentioned we still do have reports about that
area.
So, any volunteers?

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:

> Am 05.08.2012 14:06, schrieb Thomas Dinges:
> > versions) so NOBODY reported it, and therefore NOBODY cared / seriously
> > used it, otherwise it would have been reported way earlier.
>
> People using the frameserver tend to do long projects where it is always
> a risk to switch versions. Thats also an assumption of course ;-)
>
> Carsten
> --
> Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
> Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/
> Das Blender-Buch: http://blenderbuch.de/redirect.html

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin