[Bf-committers] Blender bug tracker (was Re: Remove Frameserver)

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:37:42 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:10 AM, Paul Melis <paul.melis at sara.nl> wrote:
> 1) The search facility is very hard to use, and I find it unclear to see
> what fields are actually searched. You can enter some terms, but it's
> impossible (it seems) to search on, say, words in the title. This makes
> is hard to determine if a bug report already exists for some issue.

I isn't too bad if you actually search, but I agree that the UI isn't
the greatest for this software when you compare it to some of the more
automatic things out there like Ubuntu's bug reporting software that
automatically searches a particular package for similar sounding bugs
for you and presents a list etc.

> 3) Integrating the tracker within the regular blender website looks
> nice, but an awful lot of screen space is wasted that way, which can be
> used to make the bug list more readable.

Actually, I don't think it is integrated into the main blender site in
any way other than it shares the same skin/theme.