[Bf-committers] Porting of Blender on Android

Srikant u.srikant.patnaik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:10:49 CEST 2012

Dear Blender team,

I'm writing this mail on behalf of
Aakash<http://www.iitb.ac.in/AK/Aakash.htm>team, India. The Aakash
tablet will be made available to students of India
for approximately less than 25$. This is an Government of India initiative
and it will benefit millions of students in coming years.
We are looking forward to port Blender editor on Aakash tablet. So far we
have succeeded in porting C, Cpp, Python & Scilab on Android 2.3+. Details
can be found here <https://github.com/androportal/documentation>. As
Blender is written in Python so we are optimistic about its port.
Please suggest, is there any present development on Native port of Blender
editor, or any work in simplifying UI for Android.

Thanks in advance.
I've marked this mail to Prof. Kannan Moudgalya, Prof. D.B Phatak and Prof.
Pradeep Varma. Also I've included my team mate Sachin Patil.

Srikant
R.A, IIT Bombay
India