[Bf-committers] Remove Frameserver

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Fri Aug 3 15:31:24 CEST 2012

Am 03.08.2012 00:19, schrieb Thomas Dinges:
> Hey everyone,
> Today Campbell, Sergey and I discussed to drop frameserver.
>
> The reasoning is, that it's not really used (at all?).

I always was aware of this, tried it some times. Always wanted to use it
someday. However all projects I did so far using Blender from
commandline to deliver images from a server (imagine the user
customnizes a product and gets it back as rendered image preview) used
to call Blender via command line and processes the returned by PHP...

BTW: I just tried Frameserver and it still works.

> Any objections to that?

Is it really helpfull to remove? I would not remove it until it gives a
real advantage or the size of Blender would shrink a resonable amount. I
still think it can be usefull ;-)

BTW2: It would be nice to return PNG or JPEG or whatever Blender offers
;-) PPM is just too old.

Best regards,
Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/