[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes, 29 april 2012
ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 29 17:27:25 CEST 2012
1) Blender 2.63 release
- Everyone congratulations with release and BMesh completion!
- As usual a lot of new bug reports streamed in. Campbell Barton mentions that several crucial fixes have been done already, it might require to do a 2.63a release.
- Proposal: decide next sunday meeting, and if we do make an 'a' we backport the bug fixes to 2.63-release branch.
- Campbell will add the bug fix list in wiki, on the release page (later).
2) Other projects
- Jeroen Bakker: New compositor project ("tiles") is almost finished. It's a target for 2.64.
- Jeroen does a call for testers, preferably by artists who like to be closely (day to day) involved with checking fixes, feedback functionality and especially to help doing docs and videos! (Christian Krupa already volunteered, more welcome!)
- Note, there's a special tracker for the compositor project! Jeroen expected 100s, not 2!
- Ed Halley: New "Outline modifier" in progress http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5_huJm5vVo
- Campbell added wire frame tool (in Face menu) to make solid wires:
- Joerg Mueller will relicense his Audaspace as LGPL (2 or later). He will carefully check if everyone who added code there agrees.
- Nicholas Bishop uploaded Sculpt masking for review:
- Thomas Dinges is testing the new CUDA Toolkit 4.2 now, with support for the new Keppler cards (GTX 6xx).
- Campbell proposes to include the Python math module Numpy (1 MB), ensuring it won't affect startup times.
3) Google summer of Code
- Students welcome! Make sure you are signed up for the mailing lists (bf-committers, bf-blender-cvs).
- Based on last year's success, we'll put students together in branches; to ensure they keep committing working and tested code!
- Branch naming proposal:
(But, Empanada gets merged with Bratwurst! Sorry Argentina :)
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org www.blender.org
Blender Institute Entrepotdok 57A 1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers