[Bf-committers] Simple Math Operations for Mid-Transform Numerical Input Patch/ Proposal

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Sat Apr 28 23:30:15 CEST 2012

Greetings everyone!

Let me start off with a big congrats to all developers on 2.63! Great to see all the additions, fixes and BMesh finally in.
Now that the feature freeze is over I'd like to propose a patch I did for possible inclusion in trunk.
This patch would add the ability to perform basic math operations when
providing numerical input to a modal
operation (i.e. Grab, Scale, Rotate).
It's something I've personally wanted for a while and a quick Twitter poll yielded some positive response as well.
I've added a more detailed description and example of this to the tracker page at http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=31037.

Looking forward to your feedback,
Patrick