[Bf-committers] importing bl_info

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 02:53:04 CEST 2012

With bl_info - you probably want to load it without running any
blender code (importing bpy for eg).

check on addon_utils.py, fake_module().

This returns an empty module with only bl_info attribute attached.

Originally we imported the addon but now it uses pythons 'ast' module
to get the dict without running the code.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Yousef Hurfoush <bat3a at msn.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> I'm trying to import the bl_info and use it's data as a dictionary in my script
> i can't find a good way to do that! i started a BA thread and no good response was there
> is there an API i could use, can anyone help?
> thanks in advance :)
>
> Regards
> Yousef Harfoush
> bat3a at msn.com