[Bf-committers] OpenGL Dependency Report and Script

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:33:42 CEST 2012

It appears the GL_ARB_texture_query_lod does not define any new C
functions or enums.  Those kinds of extensions may be difficult to
catch using my technique.

The best I can do is look for references to the extension string.
However, my experience with NVIDIA's drivers is that they let you use
GLSL extensions without explicitly saying so (IIRC).  Also, if an
extension is simply using an existing API with a new parameter and it
is not guarded with a pre-processor directive then it would still not
be detected.  A tool that could detect that would be on the level of a
full source code analyzer.

Fortunately I just need a tool that gives me a lay of the land.