[Bf-committers] Status of 2.63 release

trouble daemon troubledaemon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:18:48 CEST 2012

Okay, here are yer regression results, test on 64bit ubuntu 11.10 r45976:

animation/cubesphere.blend:
 - speed[0] red/broken, making timeline scrub have no effect
 - console: Failed to resolve data path: ('.speed',)

animation/timeline.blend:
 - file is fine itself, but noticed that multiple markers "raise" when
in close proximity to the current frame. Problem being that if you
have a large number in a small area and the time line is zoomed out,
you get a blur of text for the marker names as seen in the following
pics:

 http://www.pasteall.org/pic/30817  and  http://www.pasteall.org/pic/30818

compositing/zmask_compo.blend:
 - The zmask seems to be fine, but something changed with the grass
particles; it lost its curves and is straight up/taller than it shows
in the shipped render result

 http://www.pasteall.org/pic/30819

gameengine_bullet_softbody/webskategirl_bullet.blend:
 - Needs an svn up back to previous version, was accidentally
overwritten with previous file torus_complex.blend

gameengine_logic/actuators/property1.blend:
 - TODO: Should probably start in game engine render mode, and have
debug properties enabled to verify the numbers work as expected,
otherwise works fine

gameengine_logic/actuators/property2.blend
 - TODO: Investigate why doors don't do anything

gameengine_logic/actuators/sound.blend:
 - Sound doesn't coincide with impacts, and possibly a click/stutter
that cuts off one of the sounds as well (OpenAL)

gameengine_physics/2Dexample.blend:
 - Game seems to work (cept periodic stutter), but has some console errors:
		  Python script error - object 'Cube', controller 'cont4':
		  Traceback (most recent call last):
			 File "Main", line 7, in <module>
		  NameError: name 'GameLogic' is not defined

gameengine_physics/genericConstraintSpringLimitMotor.blend:
 - Seems to run, but has some console errors:
		  Python script error - object 'CubeChild.002', controller 'cont':
		  Traceback (most recent call last):
			 File "rotationalMotor", line 17, in <module>
		  AttributeError: 'SCA_PythonController' object has no attribute 'getOwner'

gameengine_visual/screenspace.blend:
 - Doesn't seem to do anything anymore, assume out of date py script

[Skipping all io_tests]

modifier_stack/array3.blend:
 - _horrible_ 5fps frame rate now, even in wireframe mode (use to run
beautifully, pre bmesh or so), but runs great if I disable the second
array
 - console error on render: node_composit_exec_viewer error

paint/lockingTest.blend:
 - Runs just fine, but noticed an insane amount of console printf's to
inform me of locking (one line per brush stroke increment or so)

particles_and_hair/particle_dupligroups.blend:
 - Seems to render fine, but a bunch of console errors (5 in total,
and 5 objects missing in render, smells like it's related to cookie
challange!):
		  Dependency cycle detected:
			 Mball depends on Cube.014 through Particle Object Visualisation.
			 Cube.014 depends on Mball through Particle Object Visualisation.

particles_and_hair/softhairtest.blend:
 - Something broke hair, doesn't seem to sway like it used to any more

physics/softbodytest.blend:
 - Seems to run fine, but file should be fixed later:
		  Sphere depends on Sphere.001 through Field Collision.
		  Sphere.001 depends on Sphere through Field Collision.

rendering/cycles/bmps.blend:
 - Seems fine, but some console cyclic errors that someone may want to
double check:
		  cyclic OBCamera.001
		  cyclic OBCircle.001
		  cyclic OBCircle
		  cyclic OBLightBackBig.001
		  cyclic OBLightPlaneBig.001

ui_tests/space_headers.blend:
 - Console errors:
		  /d/blender_dev/code/lib/tests/ui_tests/: No such file or directory

ui_tests/space_types.blend:
 - Console error when switching to "File Browser" screen in linux:
		  /c/: No such file or directory