[Bf-committers] Status of 2.63 release

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:26:55 CEST 2012

Hi Campbell,

That was related on dynamic paint which is a regression. Report is in
tracker, bug is re-assigned to you, patch from me is inside.
One-liner, but probably it's in fact needed to be fixed in another way.

About bevel it was discovered yesterday and bevel modifier was producing
bad mesh (duplicated edges). Was looking into it last night but didn't
finish. Thought you'll be online this morning, but will mail you test file
instead.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>wrote:

> @Thomas, I didnt recieve any patches, who wrote this?
>
> Also, spending 2hrs on presentation today found 4 bugs (including
> crasher and memory leak) - only 1 bmesh related,
> really don't like to be too negative but I wasnt doing anything especially
> odd.
> Fixed 3, 4th isnt a show-stopper.
>
> Also testing UV tools I ran into a handful of UV selection bugs which
> I *think* are all fixed now, but we could use more checking.
>
> Did anyone go over all our regression files and test them? - if not I
> can do it tonight. If anyone likes to do this to help out so I have
> time for release logs, dont be shy to put your hand up :D.
>
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Quick updates:
> >
> > Sergey and me are most of the day afk, busy with other things
> (test/prepare a digital pipeline on sets).
> > Campbell is at a Blender meetup in Melbourne now.
> > The Mango team is fighting with making a very cool splash; it still
> keeps missing 'it' :)
> >
> > I've asked Brecht/Campbell to check everything well today to see if we
> can do the 'ahoy', and to help coordinating the release todos.
> >
> > The mango team has another 6 hours to make a final splash.
> >
> > We then need release builders standby end of today for building, and do
> tomorrow release!
> >
> > Laters,
> >
> > -Ton-

> > Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
> > Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands
> >
> > On 26 Apr, 2012, at 6:05, Thomas Dinges wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> what is the status now?
> >>
> >> According to sergey yesterday, we wait for a last minute bevel fix
> >> (patch was sent to Campbell to check) and the Splash.
> >>
> >> Thomas
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas Dinges
> >> Blender Developer, Artist and Musician