[Bf-committers] Status of 2.63 release

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:55:51 CEST 2012

@Thomas, I didnt recieve any patches, who wrote this?

Also, spending 2hrs on presentation today found 4 bugs (including
crasher and memory leak) - only 1 bmesh related,
really don't like to be too negative but I wasnt doing anything especially odd.
Fixed 3, 4th isnt a show-stopper.

Also testing UV tools I ran into a handful of UV selection bugs which
I *think* are all fixed now, but we could use more checking.

Did anyone go over all our regression files and test them? - if not I
can do it tonight. If anyone likes to do this to help out so I have
time for release logs, dont be shy to put your hand up :D.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick updates:
>
> Sergey and me are most of the day afk, busy with other things (test/prepare a digital pipeline on sets).
> Campbell is at a Blender meetup in Melbourne now.
> The Mango team is fighting with making a very cool splash; it still keeps missing 'it' :)
>
> I've asked Brecht/Campbell to check everything well today to see if we can do the 'ahoy', and to help coordinating the release todos.
>
> The mango team has another 6 hours to make a final splash.
>
> We then need release builders standby end of today for building, and do tomorrow release!
>
> Laters,
>
> -Ton-

> Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
> Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands
>
> On 26 Apr, 2012, at 6:05, Thomas Dinges wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> what is the status now?
>>
>> According to sergey yesterday, we wait for a last minute bevel fix
>> (patch was sent to Campbell to check) and the Splash.
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> --
>> Thomas Dinges
>> Blender Developer, Artist and Musician