[Bf-committers] PVS-Studio Static Analysis

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:42:30 CEST 2012

I thought that he had his own tool viva64 that PVS-Studio was based
on.  I do not really want to argue politics, but I have no problem
with the fact that he has added value by integrating it with VS and
then released it without source.  He honestly may not have even
modified clang that much and is just using it as a library.  The clang
license was specifically chosen so that people could do this kind of
thing.  I really like the BSD style license :-)

I also do not think you can get "locked in" to a tool like this.  It
checks your source for possible errors.  If it stops working then you
shrug your shoulders and move on.

Microsoft will be releasing a checking tool as part of the next Visual
Studio (even the Express version) and I look forward to having more
tools to satisfy my nit-picking fetish :-)