[Bf-committers] PVS-Studio Static Analysis

Lockal S lockalsash at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:35:39 CEST 2012

I should mention that PVS-Studio contains clang for C++ parsing and
preprocessing. As far I can see they have reimplemented some of the
clang features (missing in vc++) and have added their own diagnosis
patterns. The main feature is visual studio integration, which allows
to enable/disable diagnosis options and mark false positives right
inside visual studio using GUI. The drawback is impossibility of using
it even with VC++ Express Edition (this version does not support
extension packages) and of course with non-windows systems. The price
of €3500/year also worries me. Be sure not to lock in to a proprietary
vendor when the license expires.

so basically Andrey Karpov is selling better version of Clang (at
least better than native vc++ compiler analyser). But remember 3DMagix
and IllusionMage? Of course PVS-Studio is NOT a such scam, but only
because Clang is under BSD license and not GPL. The problem is
PVS-Studio have never returned a single line of code back to the Clang
SVN. As for me I do not support such kind of business.

25 апреля 2012 г. 9:44 пользователь Campbell Barton