[Bf-committers] game engine without visual

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 22:06:11 CEST 2012

Hi. there are a few ways you could that this,

we have headless build option for ghost. - in cmake its WITH_HEADLESS,
this builds a blender which does not link with X11 (or do any
windowing).

You could look at enabling this build flag and then adding ifdef's in
the BGE to comment out drawing code.

Another way would be to use G.background (or some BGE variable
initialized from G.background) and have the BGE check for background,
this has the advantage that you wouldn't need  a custom build to take
advantage of the feature.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:26 AM, P2sta <p2sta at atlas.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to make the game run on the
> background (without any visual part). I mean when I hit start game
> button, I need only a physics to make collision detection, no rendering.
>
> Can anybody help me wtih that or at least give me some tips how to get
> this done?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Zbyněk

- Campbell