[Bf-committers] GSoC Thread

Jorge Rodriguez jorge at lunarworkshop.com
Tue Apr 24 06:17:30 CEST 2012

Thanks for accepting me into GSoC! I'm so excited!

My email from Google says,

Now that you've been accepted, please take the opportunity to speak with
your mentors about plans for the Community Bonding Period: what
documentation should you be reading, what version control system will you
need to set up, etc., before start of coding begins on May 21st.

In the interest of avoiding mentors repeating themselves for every student
I thought I would create this thread so that the GSoC people can all be
oriented at once.

I plan to copy my proposal to the Blender wiki and use it to keep track of
my progress. I'm also thinking about using the Git mirror of Blender on
Gitorious to do my work: https://gitorious.org/blenderprojects/blender Is
that a good idea? I think a number of Blender devs do this already?

One last thing: May 21st is in the middle of exams. How flexible are you
guys on that?

Looking forward to GSoC!

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez