[Bf-committers] trying to build with mingw32

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:24:50 CEST 2012

Hi, as I have explained elsewhere MinGW-w64 builds do not have an
official build and it is simply impossible to make sure that all of
them work.

This weekend I worked extensively to get 64 bit MinGW-64 working and I
can tell you first hand that there are many differences between builds
and many bugs as well. Libraries or binaries that build with one
compiler will fail with another. Fixes and changes are committed often
in MinGW-w64 repository and we can't keep track of these for every
build available.

The last error you are posting may be resolved for the specific build
of MinGW-w64 64bit that I am using (I was hoping that maybe it chould
be hosted somewhere on b.o too?) but not for the 32 bit version. Other
than that we can't promise that arbitrary builds of MinGW-w64 will
work.

For 32-bit please use the official MinGW obtained through
mingw-get-inst, these are maintained, checked regularly and are known
to work. Or you can use the 64bit version when support is ready (I
estimate in about 2-3 days' time)