[Bf-committers] Cycles + AO + Transparency

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:51:48 CEST 2012

well that's because AO is not physically correct, not because you are not
applying it correctly or not.
even ambiant light would get transformation through glasses, which "basic"
AO won't take in consideration. But it seems that AO cycle is a bit
different according to Bretch.
yet most of the time, people do not use AO like it should be though. IMO AO
should be used as follow : (AO*ambiantLight)+otherLights+diffuse,....
But even like that, it wouldn't be so correct, because ambiant light going
through glasses in real life should get transform.

my 2 cents again