[Bf-committers] For MinGW builders

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:23:12 CEST 2012

Hi, from the cvs log (yes it's quite long I don't want to rewrite it :) ):

First MinGW-w64 support for cmake has been added. To test I recommend
this build:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Personal%20Builds/ray_linn/GCC-4.7.0-with-ada/mingw-w64-gcc-4.7.0-runtime-2.0.1-static-ada-20120330.7z/download

Other builds may also work but due to the constantly changing nature
of the compiler this cannot be guaranteed. I often had to change
compilers while building the libraries and this one is the one that
did the job for most of them.

This first support is experimental and considered "advanced". To
enable pass -DWITH_MINGW64 during cmake configuration. Also make sure
to extract the compiler on C:/MinGW and that MinGW/bin is in your
path. To build check out lib/mingw64.

Initially the support is lacking until I get every library compiled
correctly. For now you should disable WITH_CYCLES(sorry, I know some
people are dying to do benchmarks, but still a few libs to go),
WITH_IMAGE_OPENEXR, WITH_OPENCOLLADA, WITH_LIBMV and
WITH_CODEC_FFMPEG(links but hangs on startup).

Still the tools are working, the memory limit is increased and due to
the experimental nature of the setup, full optimization with SSE2 is
available, which makes the build quite fast. Also the compiler and
especially, the linker are way faster than regular MinGW.

The wiki docs have also updated. Happy testing!