[Bf-committers] Cycles + AO + Transparency

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Apr 23 00:21:20 CEST 2012

Augustin is right, it works, but only for the Transparent BSDF. In
Cycles, Transparent is defined to work as, "render as if there was no
geometry there", which also affects AO and shadow rays.

The case could be made that the Glass BSDF should also work this way
for AO rays, but it gets fuzzy then, where depending on the particular
settings of a BSDF it may seem a good/bad idea to make it transparent.
Right now there's a clear and consistent rule at least, and you can
control it with the light path node.

Brecht.