[Bf-committers] build blender with mingw

Caleb Joseph comcal116 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 14:25:23 CEST 2012

On 22/04/2012 9:37 PM, Antony Riakiotakis wrote:
> Hi, using the def generated and adding a definition through the
> CMakefile did it for me. I am sure if you add a define through the
> mingw64 configuration file it will work

Hooray! I can confirm adding -DMS_WIN64 to the preprocessor flags lets
Blender run perfectly! Thanks for figuring that out :)

The speed differences are amazing. On the same scene with Cycles, the
Visual Studio build takes 1min 33.15sec to render, while the MinGW-w64
build (built with -O3 and -march=nocona) only takes 48.62sec. This is
95% faster, almost double the speed!

Perhaps we should aim at getting this in trunk somehow?