[Bf-committers] build blender with mingw

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 09:36:33 CEST 2012

Ah, OK then, sorry for misunderstanding. I got around the name clashes
by a lot of manual tweaking of the cmakefiles (yep, doing cmake here,
should be easy to combine the two once finished).

Finally managed to get a binary yesterday (with a lot of stuff turned
off, just to see if it worked) at last but, alas, it crashed on
startup too. I have reproduced exactly the same issue with python and
unicode fonts (which is encouraging I guess :) ). I am thinking that
we may actually need a MinGW compiled python as well? I'll try to do
it though I remember last time I tried was an utter failure. If anyone
here has a better idea please don't keep it to yourselves :)