[Bf-committers] Blender / IDE Setup Docs (request for help - XCode & MSVC2008)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 11:29:22 CEST 2012

Before GSOC starts it would be good to get our docs on setting up a
developer environment,

The docs on building blender are generally OK AFAIK but IMHO its good
if we have document steps for setting up a good developer environment
too.
These pages don't have to be very big, should just cover...
* how to load a project file
* launch blender binary
* configure the editor settings to follow blender convention (tab
indent, 120 line with, disable whitespace stripping... etc)

I've added an IDE Setup section to our building docs here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender#IDE_Quick-Start_Links

... but we still miss these docs for MSVC2008 and XCode.
I've added dummy pages users of the IDE's can fill in.

IDE Setup
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/IDE_Configuration/Windows_CMake_MSVC2008
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/CodeStyle/Configuration#MSVC

CodeStyle